Saturday, July 21, 2012

Meeting Baby Brother Bosco





The girls ADORE their baby brother. When she first saw him, Verity squealed and hugged and kissed him all over. She immediately wanted to hold and feed him his bottle. She had the biggest glow on her face as she held him. Then after a few mins, she got this panicked look on her face, and said, "He's not talking!!!" :) They both expected him to be able to walk and talk already. :)
            Gethey came in the room after her, and shouted, "My baby brodder!!! He is MINE!" and then we had to install 5 min holding turns. Over and over and over. :) All they want to do all day long is hold him. They fight over who gets to fetch his diaper or pacifier or blanket. When first holding him, Gethey said, "I wanna PET him!" Verity - "He is not a dog, Gethey."
            Gethey ran to give him all of her stuffed animals, so cute. When I put him in the baby swing, Verity pulls a chair over to sit and watch him. Gethey sits on the floor by the swing and sings to him, "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." If I take him in the other room, Gethey will run after me crying, "I miss Baby Brother Bosco!" They are both SO tender with him, it melts my heart. They kiss him so softly. When Gethey touches him, her touch is so light she is barely touching him at all, and she gives him the softest pats when she "pets" him. Bosco already turns his head to find them when he hears their voices. They both tell him over and over, "I love you Bosco."
          The joy of seeing my children meet their baby brother, seeing the instantaneous love and sheer adoration they have for him...having all my children in my arms at the same time...well, I didn't know my heart could feel so full. Thank you, A and K, for our sweet son.
                                                           We love you Bosco!

4 comments:

  1. So adorable! The tender touches and pats are so sweet. I'm glad everyone is adjusting well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWWWW! So beautiful! Delightful pictures of the children. We all send our love & kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sniffle* It's all so sweet!!!!! --Gs Birth Gamma Staci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. I always tear up whenever I read your posts. Your children are absolutely beautiful. You and Matt are incredible parents. So so so happy for your wonderful, amazing, growing family!

    ReplyDelete