Thursday, March 24, 2011

Just have to share I am so excited...

Rooney slept through the night!!!!!!!! I thought this day would never come, but last night she slept through the night in her crib, woke up at 7:30, squealing and chirping at her mobile, happy as a clam. I am so happy! And I feel so rested, even though I kept waking up listening for her and worrying that something was wrong. When she woke up this morning I couldn't get enough of her...it seemed like forever since I had seen her...we had never gone so many hours in a row before! Since she was born she has woken up anywhere from 4-10 times a night to eat, usually between 6-8. Three days ago we moved her to her crib in her room which opens into Verity's. I was so worried that they would keep waking each other up at night, but Verity slept through Rooney's wakings the last two nights, which were 2x, than 1x. This is all probably very boring, but I am so happy!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Its not boring at all Katheryn. It is a milestone!!! Randi used to do the same thing. Then my Mom started feeding her cereal before bedtime mixed with fruit. Then she slept through the night. If I remember correctly my Mom was feeding her mashed potatoes with a bit of butter around 7 to 8 months for supper because Randi just wasnt getting enough with the baby food and she hated the meat sticks. Randi LOVES mashed potatoes to this day. I dont think you will ever have to worry about Roons appetite. lol She looks sooo happy. ----Birth Gma Staci PS...the girls have a early Easter gift coming from Randi and me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh! How exciting!! All three of us will be eagerly waiting for it! Thank you!!! I will have to try the mashed potatoes...her doctor cleared me to try feeding her pretty much anything soft, because she still wants nothing to do with baby food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randi loved "grown up" food more then her baby food. Especially orange sherbert pop ups and chocolate pudding. I have pictures of my Mom feeding her those and Randi has a huge grin on her face with sherbert or pudding all around her mouth. SO cute. ~~Birth Gma Staci

    ReplyDelete